Monday, February 15, 2010

Missing You - That is when I want to be with you

Bobo

When I am all by myself I am in a daze
I think of the time I spent with you,
Then a picture of you smiling flashes through
That is when I want to be with you

I go about my daily chores in a state of delusion
Your gentle touch creates an illusion
It sends warmth through my soul
That is when I want to be with you

I meet my old friends
They are just like I knew them then
The worthless babble we indulged in, puts me in a fix
I remember you from when I was six
That is when I want to be with you

I do not know if you too have the same feeling as I do
But one thing I know, I wish I knew you more.
You say I should be patient, which I will try to do
That is when I want to be with you

Everyday I pray for you wishing you good fortune
You’re my sweetheart, needless to say
I will treasure you deep within my heart
You will forever be a part of me

Bobo thinks he is a sensitive and lonely bird.


_______________________________

Pining after a Break-up

I wake up everyday...the Sun risen already
Alas! He forgets to bring hope for me
Or is it I too late for hope..?
Nonetheless the Sun shuns my horizons...
Rendering my mind to hapless darkness
And my heart lies frozen with burden
It's cold when it’s dark!
I think they are eternal allies....

The window presents clear skies
Not a good sign for me
I miss the clouds
For I think they carry joy in their waters
For when the heavens smile
I find it cloudy
And it’s not surprising that
They must be laughing when it's rainy...

Melancholy - arch rival of hope
Need do nothing to find it
But hope - it’s a different story
Need do everything to find it
And still it seems to
Ebb away with time
Like a flowing tide
You can hold it in vain
For it shall have to be gone....

But that's not the end of it
Some other and another
Tirelessly out of count
Is the number of the tides
Of different waters
But essentially waters
That bring hope to thee
Spilling only froth off the brimming sea...

For hope is short-lived
Incandescent but evanescent.

Smaran is a hypochondriac who deals with problems, physiological and psychological. Any reflection of the same in the poem is mere coincidence.




No comments:

Post a Comment